Google’s Panda 4.0 algorithm update rolled out last month and hit with a vengeance, penalizing thin and skinny, low quality content websites. Many businesses, even popular and well funded eBay.com, lost 80% of their organic rankings in one fell swoop!
So, how do you protect your dealership against pandas? Let’s take a look at a couple examples…
Example 1: What Google and Shoppers Don’t Like
- Confusing … a page that says All Inventory is really about new Wildcat Travel Trailers.
- Lack of original content and informative information.
- Google thinks “nothing to see here!”, making it difficult to rank well.
- Weak call to action and lots of filter distractions.
- A one-size-fits-all search page is too skinny for Google’s appetite.
* This example provided by a competitor website service
Example 2: What Google and Shoppers Do Like
- Clearly and quickly determine what the page is about.
- Unique, useful content that Google and shoppers find helpful.
- Google gobbles up the original, rich content and visitors gain trust.
- Engaging call to action with content well spaced, easy on shoppers’ eyes.
* This example provided by an InteractRV DS3 website
The good news … your InteractRV website comes equipped ‘out of the box’ with optimized, unique content, internal linking, and titles/tags to help you be successful.
However, we are finding that the most successful dealerships are not resting on their laurels but are continuing to improve their search engine optimization efforts by keeping their sites fresh and providing useful, helpful relevant updates.
Need help or have questions? Contact your Client Service Specialist today!
More info for those who like details…